Tuesday 28 May 2013

Baby destination inspiration

It's Tuesday, it's half term, and it's wet. Urgh. In half term, almost all baby and toddler activities are cancelled. So this morning (after getting Sophie weighed - she is now a hefty 8.4kg or 18lb 8oz!) I met with some other mummies and babies at the Central Library. The babies had a great time exploring all the books and generally creating havoc, but it was lacking something for the mummies - something hot, energising, and decadent... coffee! One of the other mummies commented that it's a shame there aren't many baby-friendly places to go in the city centre. Sure, there are plenty of cafes, but hardly any of them have enough room for a herd of giant prams and the associated rabble of noisy, crawling, teething babies. Funnily enough, at the clinic this morning the Children's Centre manager and I were talking about the exact same problem, and I joked that I should set up a children's cafe in the city. Maybe not such a funny idea? Mummies could come with their babies and toddlers to a safe place with toys, good changing facilities, baby-friendly food, and lots of coffee (and cake, of course!). Food for thought for me, as I prepare for life as a stay-at-home-mum. (Which, by the way, I'm really excited about - though I haven't yet told my employer and that will be a difficult conversation!)

Just imagine a whole cafe filled with faces like this one:





















We'd need a lot of baby wipes!

5 comments:

cremeanglaise said...

http://www.lepoussettecafe.com/c/

Laura Wu said...

Charlotte, is that you?!

cremeanglaise said...

yes!! or is it?! ;)

Laura Wu said...

Love your profile name! If you ever decide you don't want it, I'll have it! x

cremeanglaise said...

has a better ring to it than 'custard'!