Monday 25 April 2011

Christ is risen!

Easter 2011

The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay." (Matthew 28:5-6)

Easter is one of my favourite times of the year. It is wonderful to have a yearly festival pondering on Christ's death and celebrating his resurrection.

Here are some of the things we did this Easter.


I made Easter nests and Nick and I scoffed the lot.

We painted our hallway. It's nearly finished, but not quite!

It's now a much lighter, brighter colour. You can see the difference between the darker blue on the left and the new colour.

We made sweet and sour chicken, deep fried. Yum.


Julien enjoyed hunting for Easter eggs in the garden. One of the eggs vanished mysteriously, with only the wrapper left behind. I wonder what kind of animal did it.


I made a Simnel cake following Mary Berry's recipe, complete with eleven marzipan balls representing the eleven disciples remaining after Judas' defection. Somehow I feel sorry for Judas because he is scorned yet his role was vital in God's rescue plan to save us through Jesus' death and resurrection. Anyway, we enjoyed the cake with some friends of ours, their children, and a cup of tea. Delightful.

No comments: