Sunday 24 June 2012

23 weeks down, 17 to go

This week: stretch marks. They have appeared on my thighs, bum, and hips (though not, so far, my tummy). It's a bit distressing and resulted in a few tears last night. I've been really careful to put on all the right lotions and potions but, I suppose, it was inevitable that they'd get me in the end.

On a happier note, we celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary yesterday with a wonderful day together. We had a lovely brunch with our dear friends Ben and Bryony, a walk into town to buy shoes (for me) and a maths book (for Nick, naturally), an afternoon spent together doing a few little bits and bobs around the house, and a delicious and posh dinner at Gee's. My gorgeous husband gave me earrings to match the beautiful necklace he gave me for my 21st birthday. Now he's gone to Madrid for a few days for a conference. I miss him already. He'll be back on Thursday. I can't wait.

No comments: