Thursday 23 August 2012

32 weeks down, 8 to go

Unbelievably, we will be parents in only eight weeks time (or a little more or less). The last few months have gone by so quickly. I've been feeling quite tired and a little bit anxious for the last few days. What if the baby isn't well? What if I've done something to harm her? What if I've done something bad? What if she's born too early? I need to keep reminding myself that I am not in control! God has the big picture and he knows what is going to happen, so just relax already!

We are now so close to finishing decorating the nursery. All that remains is to put up some curtains and a few pictures. It looks really nice already, thanks to my wonderful mum who came to wallpaper and paint, and then came back to weed and tidy the garden a week later.

I've also started to cook for the freezer, preparing for those days after the birth when I won't have the energy or time to cook. So far, there's an Italian beef stew in there and after today there'll be at least two or three portions of chicken curry. Tomorrow, bolognese sauce. My aim is to have it full of things that can be defrosted and heated in the oven or microwave, and served with rice or pasta!

No comments: