Wednesday 11 December 2013

K is for Knitting

Hello everyone!

As you know, I {heart} crafts. I've been doing a lot of knitting recently. It's the perfect winter occupation for a person like me who has to stay home in the evenings while baby sleeps, has no TV, and doesn't enjoy computer games (my husband's favourite pastime!)

I'm quite slow (read: very slow) at knitting. But that doesn't bother me. It took me until Sophie was almost out of her carrycot to finish the pram blanket! So, I decided to knit her another one. I used a pattern online that I'd been wanting to try for ages. It was actually quite quick to knit because it was on big needles. We use it to keep Sophie warm in her cot at night.

Lovely wavy stripes

Happy baby!



























The wool I used is a soft baby double knit wool by Sirdar. In the past I've not usually been too fussy about wool, but I'm getting increasingly 'into' it - oh dear. The trouble is, it can be so expensive! However, if I'm going to spend a lot of time making something, I should use quality materials, right?

Anyway, as a result of all this knitting, I've got a stack of hats, hairbands, and hot water bottle covers ready to give as Christmas gifts. When will I find the time to make something for myself?!

Laura x

No comments: