Monday 3 June 2013

What's cooking this week #1

Last week went well. I'm a bit late posting my cooking list, but that's just how it goes.

Here's what was cooking:

Beef and noodle stir-fry
Salmon tikka with raita and naan bread
Cauliflower macaroni cheese
Chicken tagine with steamed veg and couscous
Pad Thai
Roast turkey with pork and apricot stuffing and roast veg

I only post six meals, because we almost always eat either leftovers or something very very quick (ravioli, pizza, egg on toast) for one meal a week. I'm not superwoman.

It was a good week. The salmon tikka was so delicious, I can't wait to have it again. Mmmm.

Here's my shopping list:

Beef frying steak 200g
Fresh egg noodles
Mixed stir-fry veg
2 salmon steaks
Tandoori curry paste
1 lime
1 red chilli
Cucumber
Natural yoghurt
2 naan breads
1 cauliflower
Macaroni pasta 400g
Chicken thighs 300g
1 tin chickpeas
1 tin chopped tomatoes
2 carrots
1 large onion
Pad Thai straight-to-wok noodles
250g frozen king prawns
100g bean sprouts (why don't they sell these in smaller packets, we always have so much left over!)
Turkey thigh
Pork and herb sausages
Parsnips, sweet potatoes, carrots for roasting
Broccoli

From my storecupboard/fridge:

Stir-fry spices
Oil
Cheddar cheese
Parmesan
Eggs
Couscous
Dried apricots

No comments: